by Tina Martin, 11th August 2021
If you're a self-employed entrepreneur, you know the struggle is real when balancing work with your personal life. Not only are you doing all of the tasks that a team of employees would typically manage, but in addition, you have to find time for yourself and your family while trying to build your business. It's no wonder so many entrepreneurs are struggling with burnout!
These days, apps are often the solution. To make things easier on yourself, we've compiled a list of some of the best productivity apps for entrepreneurs that will help keep both your work and personal lives in check.
● Google Docs is one of the most widely used text tools. Its flexibility means that you can have it on any device, whether on a desktop or a mobile app. And as your documents are stored in the cloud, you can access them from anywhere. It makes sharing documents with people inside or outside your organization effortless. Plus, as it autosaves every change, you always have a backup if anything goes wrong and your computer shuts down.
● QuickBooks Online Advanced is a godsend to any entrepreneur with its suite of financial reporting tools. A customizable dashboard makes it easy for you to keep an eye on your revenue streams so you know what to focus on and your cash flow so you know what’s working and what isn’t. As a bonus, it easily integrates with Google Sheets so you can easily collaborate with your staff, bookkeeper, and more.
● Asana. One of the stars of project management, Asana is widely used across teams of all sizes. It lets you manage all of your work on one platform by integrating with the top email providers, document sharing apps such as Dropbox, and communication apps like Slack.
It lets you check whether projects are on track or not in real-time by having all of the tasks with their owners and deadlines in one place, so you can check project status updates and how you're doing against your deadlines at a glance. It offers many templates to set up workflows for your team, and its ease of use and simple aesthetics make it one of the top project management options on the market.
● Later. Social media is pretty much a must for growing your business nowadays, and this app lets you schedule your social media posts ahead of time. This helps increase your productivity by allowing you to plan ahead and create all of your content for the next month in one sitting. It lets you visually design your posts by showing you what your grid will look like before you post something. Plus, it stores your favorite hashtags, so you don't have to look for them every time you want to post.
● SquareUp. Square is better known for its banking, but the popular app also provides an excellent payroll solution because of the many functionalities it offers. It offers automated tax filings and allows you to manage your employee benefits in one place. Plus, it integrates with Square banking, letting you pay employees instantly.
● Superpow! Modern life is challenging enough, but it can test even the most resilient people when you add starting a new business to your everyday challenges. This app uses specialized AI to find the video therapist that best matches your needs. And it does this in an inclusive way to make you feel at ease. It considers your therapy needs, language, ethnicity, and culture to ensure that the therapist it recommends is a perfect fit for you.
We hope this list of the best productivity apps for entrepreneurs will help lighten your load so that you can focus on what really matters, whether it's building your business or freeing up time to spend with your loved ones.
Tina Martin started her career in business administration but eventually decided to pursue something that actually inspired her: becoming a personal fitness instructor. She is working on her first book, Ideaspired: Put Your Ideas, Your Inspiration, and Yourself First to Make Your Dreams Come True. She also started ideaspired.com as a side project to reach as many people as possible, and encourage them to put their dreams first.
Image via Pexels